Sunday, July 25, 2010

Creating Value in the Workplace

Photo by fotologic

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. - Colossians 3:22-24:
In a previous post, I said that “work is the creation of value,” and I asked you what value you are creating at your work.

One of the things I do for a living is train sales people and telemarketers. By doing so, I create value by increasing sales. Increased sales means more revenue. More revenue means the company can stay in business, pay its bills and continue to employ the people it employs.

Value isn’t always about money, but it is always about increases or decreases. If you are increasing or decreasing something that your employer wants increased or decreased, then you are creating value.

So again I ask, what value you are creating?

No comments:

Post a Comment