Thursday, August 26, 2010

“Then I crashed into you...”

Photo by infidelic

I had a friend that was in a heavy metal band before he was a Christian. After getting saved, many of the lyrics he had wrote become songs for the Christian band he later formed. He once said that the Lord spoke to him about those lyrics, saying, “I caused you to write those so that you would come to know me.”

I wonder how often God moves among secular muscians in a similar manner. Case in point is the song Crashed, by Chris Daughtry:

Well I was moving at the speed of sound
Head-spinning, couldn’t find my way around
Didn't know that I was going down
Yeah, yeah

Where I’ve been, well it’s all a blur
What I was looking for, I’m not sure
Too late and didn’t see it coming
Yeah, yeah

And then I crashed into you
And I went up in flames
Could’ve been the death of me
But then you breathed your breath in me
And I crashed into you
Like a runaway train
You will consume me
But I can’t walk away

From your face, your eyes
They’re burned into me
You saved me, you gave me
Just what I need
Oh, just what I need

Of course, the lyrics are not as impactful without the music, so here is the video.



Seriously... this guy needs to get saved and start writing some Christian music.

No comments:

Post a Comment